Dov Medzini (1915-2002)
A teacher and an artist. After graduating art studies in Venice, he returned to Israel and began to work as a teacher of art at the Hebrew Reali School in Haifa, in which position he remained until retirement. During 38 years of teaching fine arts at the school, he taught thousands of students.
In addition to teaching, Medzini founded the old Scouts tribe Meshotetim, and later co-founded HaCarmel tribe, in which he guided for 30 years. Lectured at the Haifa Museum of Art, at the University and the Technion, and has published seven books, some of which were devoted to drawings he made in Haifa and in Europe, and a book about teaching art to students. Received Worthy Citizen of Haifa award and Worthy Member of the Scouts token. Received a gold medal from the Dante Alighieri Society to mark his contribution to fostering Italian art in Israel.
Diary of an Old Haifaite
Dov Medzini Portraying Haifa in Words and Lines. September 2000, Haifa.
Writing, sketches and paintings: Dov Medzini.
Editing: Margalit Bash.
Graphics and graphic design: Talia Mann Scans.
Printing and plates: AAA Prints Ltd., Haifa.
- Museums and Galleries – Exhibition Catalog Production Support
- Haifa City Museum - New Ideals: the Image of the New Woman in Photography
- Haifa City Museum – What Will the Neighbors Say?
- Mane-Katz Museum – The Party, Sculptures by Yosl Bergner exhibition catalog
- Beit HaGefen –Holiday of Holidays Festival Catalogs over the Years
- Beit HaGefen. Assistance in producing Third Space exhibition
- MadaTech Museum –Alexander Baerwald Memorial Exhibition Catalog
- Haifa Artists - Catalog Production Assistance
- Dror Auslander
- Hanna Eichengreen
- Shmuel Ben-Ami
- Tamar Gerchuk
- Dov Medzini
- Mohamad Fadel
- Anna Pasternak
- Sana Farah Bishara
- Aviva Shemer
- The Department of Fine Arts - Dr. Hecht Arts Center, Haifa University
- HaAgaf Art Gallery
- Assistance in financing student tours at the Munio Gitai Museum
- Subsidizing Exhibitions at the Teaching Gallery
- Assisting Guides of Workshops of Mutual Artistic Activity for Various Sectors
- Celebration in Haifa